Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Back

My school is now officially over, all that's left are a few geometry lessons that I need to clear up, but that's really it. Now I plan to start daily posts on the Manifesto, and re-format a lot of it.

Over the spring, I began developing a "Things to do this summer" list that I would add to whenever I thought of something fun that I didn't have any time to do. For example: I would be sitting at my desk, being forced to describe what qualified Star Wars as a "great epic" (Hint: it's not). Then my thoughts would drift to activities that I would much rather be doing during the week, but I couldn't because of my homework. I couldn't do it next week either since I would have to describe what made Westside Story such a great musical (Hint: it's not). In fact, I would not have time for that activity until the school year was over. So I would jot it down on a scrap of paper, then type it on to a Word file once I was finished. Here are some of the main points on my list:

  • Make a podcast
  • Learn how to pick a lock
  • Learn how to edit video
  • Make a ghillie suit
  • Watch a ton of MST3K.
  • Write a novel

As you can see, I was pretty desperate for things that I would have rather been doing during school. I don't think I'll be writing a novel anytime soon (or at all), and I have already seen 3 volumes worth of MST3k. So I've kind of ruled those out.

Anyway, Treadstone is back, and the Manifesto should have full posts every day (except maybe weekends).