Monday, May 18, 2009

Almost ready to start

I went to the local Army surplus store and bought a flight suit for my ghillie suit project.


The flight suit will serve as the base for the 3/4 inch netting, which is attached to the back with shoe goo (which I've also bought). Once the netting is attached, I can tie the burlap fabric into it, thereby creating the suit. First, however, the burlap needs to be dyed, and I still need to buy the dye.

So far I have unstrung burlap strands, a flightsuit, a hat (for the headpiece), shoe goo, and natural colors of spray paint.

All I need now is 3/4 inch netting, natural colors of dye, and a thick padding material (this is for the pads that are attached to the chest, knee, and elbow areas of the suit that allow for more comfort and protection when crawling).