Monday, April 6, 2009

COTW: Guacamole/Foodstuff commentary

I LOVE GUACAMOLE. There, I said it.

This video was from food network, it's a little jingle about the greatest chip-dip ever conceived... ever.


While we are on the topic of guacamole, I think it is appropriate to make this observation:

This is not guacamole. This is what happens when you try to serve sour cream on St. Patrick's Day and throw in some small bits of ground up fish.
On the rare occasions that I have guacamole, my dad always makes it. Then one day, my mom had a revelation: Wait, why don't I just buy some at the store? We could have it more often, and it's a lot easier. She went to the store and saw this:

Looks good enough at first. Unfortunately, she did not look at the fine print:

Darn them, darn Mr. Dean, whoevertheheck he is, and darn capitalism for letting this happen. Turns out, this guacamole flavored dip contained less than 2% avocado, which makes you wonder what's actually in it.

Note: although suggested by the picture, never dip Doritos in guacamole.