Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial day weekend: Monday

Woke up early on Monday. Took a drive with Aidan and his family to the beach. When we got there, the sky was clouded over, you couldn't see the sun. We ran with the waves, ate Doritos, and rolled down large sand dunes. I saw some rocks farther up the beach and decided to check them for tide pools. I love tide pools, and I almost never get a chance to explore them. Unfortunately, the rocks were pretty barren. So I drew things in the sand with Aidan and Ross.
Ross drew the "Chicka Chicka Chaaa!!"
I then decided to dig a hole in the sand. We didn't have any shovels, but I was able to dig a hole about 4 ft deep by mushing up the sand with my feet, then spooning it out with my hands. I couldn't go any farther after that because the bottom began filling with water and the ground turned to slop. It was extremely entertaining.

Went home afterwards, fell asleep for some of the way back. Once home, my entire family including me collapsed.