Thursday, May 14, 2009

First concert... ever

Yesterday I got an e-mail from the Director of Christian Education of my church asking whether I'd like to go to a concert for a christian rock band called "Above the Golden State" with the other highschoolers. I've never been to a live concert before, so I think it'll be fun.

Personally, I don't listen to the type of christian rock you find on stations like The Fish. It's not like I'm against the message, I love the message, it's just that I don't find the music very appealing. Some of it is too similar to the music of today's boy-bands (i.e. whiny, sound like they could fill a swimming pool with concentrated angst, etc.). Instead, I listen to musicians like Phil Keaggy, whose songs focus as much on the christian message as they do on good music.

Luckily, I listened to some of Above the Golden State's songs and they sounded pretty good, so I'm looking forward to the concert.