Woke up at 5:00 this morning as usual. Got showered and dressed as usual. Went in to the living room, lost all my will to continue standing up, and fell down onto the couch. That doesn't usually happen. Of course, I went to bed last night at 11:15, so I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked. I woke up again at around 8:15 and just stayed there for another hour.
I know a lot of my peers extol the wonders of sleeping in, and boast about sleeping in 'till 2 in the afternoon. Personally, I am incapable of sleeping in past 8:30, and I can't stay in bed any longer than 9:30. I in fact, I find sleep rather boring, and sleeping in just means there's something exciting to do that you're not doing.
Still, the rest of the family was sleeping in as well, so the house was completely silent. I wish I had the video camera with me. I was staring through the glass sliding doors into our backyard. The windows were opened just enough to hear the birds and feel the cool (not chilly) summer morning breeze. The the trees cast light shadows in the light of the early sun. The swaying leaves were silhouetted against the blinds of the windows, and the rays that made it through floated and drifted on the warm wood of the coffee table.
Not feeling it? Oh well, I'm not much of writer, that's the best I can come up with. Still, a picturesque moment, if there ever was one.