Yesterday evening, I was with my friend B watching the Bourne Identity. If you've already looked at my profile, you know that the Bourne Trilogy is my favorite movie series ever. We've seen it about a billion times, so we tried to pull a MST3K on it. It's great fun analyzing movies, like noticing how they put tears on the back of Jason's sweater to remind you that he had been shot at the beginning of the film.
We also used the slow-mo feature on the fight scenes. The Identity's scenes are a little less realistic than the other two Bournes, but they aren't flashy trash like the bond films: a spin kick? who throws a spin kick? The self-defense moves in the Bournes are generally accurate and reasonably effective. The only fight scene I have real trouble with is the one in Bourne's apartment (watch it here)
The attacking assassin must have really thought things through.
Okay, I got this guy completely unawares in his apartment. He's virtually unarmed, this'll be cinch. Now, I'm a treadstone agent, so I know my way around methods of termination. What'll it be this time? Poison? Strategically placed explosive with cellphone detonator? Silenced sniper rifle from rooftop of building across the street? No, I know the trick, I will swing into the window on a bungee chord, sub-machine gun blazing, and hope he happens to be there when I break the glass.
This guy was thorough.