Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blanky's B-Day pt. 1

Our two neighbourhood friends, A1 and A2, came over on Sunday. We started out the way we always start out sleepover/birthday parties: video games. We switched off multiplayer rounds on Call of Duty 4 (COD4). A1 and Blank (best friends) then went to the computer to do Medieval 2: Total War, and Blanky and A2 (uber best friends) went off to play something else. This allowed me to do the COD4 campaign, where I found the final lap top. At aroun--

WARNING: TANGENT INBOUND
For those of you who do not know, in the game Call of Duty 4, there are thirty special laptops hidden throughout the campaign. As you collect more of them, you unlock cheats that edit the game in various ways (e.g. turn the screen black-white, make bad guy's pop into bunches of tires when shot, enable slow-mo gameplay, etc.). I learned that collecting all thirty unlocks the coolest cheat of them all: infinite ammunition. This does not only mean that your ammo reserves are limitless, but you don't even have to reload. An automatic weapon will continue to fire until your finger gets tired. Semi-autos, like pistols, do not become automatic, but will continue to fire as long as you keep clicking the trigger. RPGs become automatic (Note: they will fire faster if you are aiming down the sites rather than firing from the hip, also, it becomes difficult to aim after the first few shots because the smoke blocks your view of what you're shooting at), and I think the grenade launchers on rifles like the AK-47 Grenadier do too. You also have unlimited grenades (this is extraordinary when coupled with the cluster bomb cheat). So far as I've seen however, Claymores and C4 are not affected, but I could be wrong. Still, it is a cheat well worth getting.
TANGENT END

-- around, hmm, I dunno, about eight, we ate dinner (burgers) and opened presents. One of the gifts was Madagascar II, which we watched right after presents.
Madagascar II really wasn't all that bad, in fact, it was pretty funny. I love the lemur, King Julien, along with Mort, the little annoying one. Madagascar II did have some weird bits though, but hey, its a movie for younger kids, I'm fine with that.

We stayed up to play more video games until 12:00, then hit the proverbial sack.