Ahh... School work is temporarily low, allowing me to work on next week's stuff. I'm trying to build up a little time lag, so I'm not up till eleven every other night. It also means I have a (mostly) free weekend. So now it's preparation time. This weekend is loaded both with things that need to get done, and things that belong in the ooh-goody-spare-time-what-should-I-do-with-this-golden-moment category.
This weekend, Saturday to be precise, is officially "pi" day, seeing as it is the fourteenth day of the third month (3/14). It was established by Congress on the 11th (yesterday), I kid you not. Now there are two ways to take this: a) get even angrier at Congress than you already probably are and begin wishing that those dang nobles who wrote the Magna Carta had stayed in their castles, or b) understand that if they're passing legislation on circumference/diameter day, then they aren't passing legislation that pushes us further towards complete collapse. I always favored the more optimistic point of view.
I will be spending Pi Day at my Church, which is having its annual workday. It's pretty much spring cleaning on the grounds and in the buildings. It's a lot of fun actually, since the adults are the ones planning the clean up and worrying about what needs to be done. I and the other younger members just do the grunt work, moving various materials from arbitrary position a to arbitrary position b. For, us it's just doing yardwork with our friends, and with the spring colors in bloom; it should be quite enjoyable.
Then onto Sunday, where my family and I will be able to give our new and improved Church a test run. Following that are a few more things scheduled, but I'm sketchy on the order.
They include:
1. piano lessons
2. visiting Grandma at the Manor Care nursing home (she's rehabilitating from an accident)
3. go to the Racquet club to run/explore around the bike trail/swim.
Then we go home and relax... and probably watch TV.
Final comedy vid later.