Monday, June 1, 2009

Ghillie suit update: Dyed and painted

I finished spray painting the front of my flightsuit. The front won't have any burlap, so it needs a light camoflage pattern.

I've also dyed most of my burlap. I used the same dye bath for all of them, but after each batch, I added either a packet of yellow dye (to make the next batch lighter), or more water (to make the next batch more faded). This resulted in four different shades of green.They ranged from a forest green (closest) to a faded grass green (farthest). The lightest colors are best suited for the environment I will be testing my suit in, i.e. lots of grass, most of it dried. I did not dye all my burlap, since its natural un-dyed color is perfect for blending into the tall tan grass I'll be hiding in.

All I need now is lots of 3/4" netting.